Sorry local politics again, but final election summary of the real issues for the governing Coalition:
1) Climate. The coalition will do nothing except make the problems worse.
2) Energy Transition. More taxpayers’ money for more fossil fuels.
3) Disaster preparation. Terrible Coalition record. No sign they will change as climate change is not real, and its always someone else’s responsibility.
4) Corruption so ingrained the PM has never noticed any. Coalition apparently worried that people will start noticing corruption. So lets avoid any form of investigation.
5) Aged care. Possibly, the most incompetent minister in history. Absolutely (and literally) shit conditions in many places, ignored royal commission….
6) Persecution of people on disability, or unemployment. Should this continue?
7) Allow people who claim to be religious to persecute others and run the government because they are so righteous?
8 ) Completely ignore Covid, increasing Covid deaths and long Covid, because people like me will be told we died of existing conditions which were not previously likely to kill us.
9) Increasing the cost of housing. Well that’s what the Coalition appears to want.
10) Do nothing about banking, ignore the royal commission….
11) Ignore aboriginal people, in the hope they will go away. What deaths in custody?
12) Surreptitiously keep on winding back Medicare until it becomes non-functional.
13) Keep running down hospitals.
14) More tax cuts for the very wealthy and tax increases due for the middle class, because we all know that works to increase the wealth in the right places.
15) Massive funding increases for wealthy private schools as an education reform.
16) Increasing inequality – what a surprise. Obviously the will of God in action.
17) Ignoring women worried about sexual harassment at work – it is still absolutely right for the PM not to have spoken to them and to have said they should be grateful they were not shot at. But making up a problem about trans women in sport, without any sporting organisations complaining about ‘the problem’?
18) Helping the Chinese gain more influence in the Area, through subsidising the sale of Darwin’s port to China, and ignoring or insulting the Pacific Islands.
19) Throwing away money for subs, buying expensive fighter planes that won’t arrive for decades. Buying tanks we cannot use.
20) Lots of ex-coalition members saying don’t vote for this lot, because they are so bad….
21) If you vote against them you will upset the media, particularly the Murdoch Empire.